We all have dreams for a better life. Some of us dream of becoming a doctor, while others dream of becoming a successful business person, traveling the world, or finding that soulmate. Whatever your dreams are, never feel ashamed or embarrassed for having them. They are part of your intuitive mind, essentially guiding you to bring out the truest version of your destiny.
Jessica Estrada writes in Cosmopolitan, “A vision board is a board, which can be physical or digital that is a conglomeration of images that reflect desires you have for your life and would love to fulfill and experience. What makes a vision board magick, is that images are the language of the subconscious mind. They’re responsible for helping us bring those desires to fruition.”
In Mimi Ikonn’s YouTube Video How To Make Your Dreams/Goals A Reality, she mentions that in order to create a dream life, you have to be willing to reevaluate everything you want to experience and then start aligning yourself to that version of the future you.
Follow the steps below to create your own unique vision board.
- Start with a blank piece of poster board the size of your choosing.
- Put your thinking cap on. Define your vision and let your imagination go. What is it that you wish to manifest? A new job? A relationship? What would make your heart sing? If you want to live a lifestyle of travel, find images from a fancy hotel or a dinner by the beach.
- Seek out images that reflect your vision. You can find them online and print them. or cut them out from magazine pages.
- Glue/tape/arrange those images to your vision board. According to Interaction-design.org, “The law of proximity describes how the human eye perceives connections between visual elements. Elements that are close to each other are perceived to be related when compared with elements that are separate from each other.” These visual cues ultimately help to improve comprehension, which leads to more clarity, organization, and manifestation.
- Write down some keywords and phrases keeping the law of proximity in mind. These should represent what you are looking to experience. For example, if you want to manifest a partner that’s head over heels in love with you, write down “devoted and passionate lover” or “committed marriage.” If you want a relaxed lifestyle, write down “day-to-day relaxation” or “vacations with mental health.” Be creative and express yourself using colored pens, pencils, markers, and highlighters. Add some glitter and stickers to beautify the entire vision board.
Now, place your vision board where you’ll see it often. Create a short affirmation that sums up your dream, like “I have the perfect job” and repeat it several times throughout the day. Now go about your life as if you’ve already manifested everything on the board. How do you feel? This is the energy that you carry that will ultimately attract that goal n the coming days, weeks, or months.
Your potential to accomplish your dreams is possible. Start using a vision board to start achieving them.